People who fall or slip in public may be the subject of many jokes, but slips, trips, and falls are actually very serious matters, and could even lead to a settlement. Keep reading for a few facts you should know about this type of accident.
The Risk of Slips, Trips, and Falls
A minor slip may incite a few laughs from those who witnessed it, but more serious slips, trips, and falls can result in serious injury or even death. Every year, thousands of people have to take time away from work because of injuries caused by slipping or falling. Some of these accidents result in death, making it vital for everyone to learn about how to create a safe environment.
Preventing Slips, Trips, and Falls
There are many things that might cause a person to slip, trip, or fall, but most of the incidents involve obstructions in walkways or stairwells. Follow these tips to help avoid this type of accident:
- Clean up spills right away, and place a warning sign out while in the process of cleaning up.
- Avoid placing boxes, products, or storage materials in hallways.
- Secure all cabinets and shelves to the wall, and keep drawers shut when they aren’t being used.
- Keep hallways well lit by replacing light bulbs as needed.
- Install floor mats in areas that could become slippery.
Get Help From Ahlander Injury Law
If you’ve been in an accident, contact Ahlander Injury Law. And why hire us? Because we’re well experienced in a wide range of law practice areas, including slips, trips, and falls. We’ll do everything we can to get you a desirable outcome. Get in touch today.