Accidents happen and sometimes it’s not your fault. When a faulty garage door causes significant injury, you deserve to be compensated. Ahlander Injury Law can help by representing you in a lawsuit against the garage door manufacturer or installer.
Common Garage Door Injuries
Garage doors may seem relatively harmless, but that’s simply not reality. In 2007, the National Injury Surveillance System (NEISS) conducted a study of hospital reports across the US and found the following injury statistics specific to garage doors, both manual and electronic:
- 7,557 amputations and avulsions occurred from fingers getting caught between section joints.
- 2,102 doors fell down and caused injury.
- 1,610 people were injured while installing or doing maintenance on the door.
- 1,118 lacerations occurred from sharp edges on hardware, tracks, or window glass.
- 313 injuries occurred from exploding springs.
- 179 accounts of entrapment occurred.
This data goes to show that garage doors are potentially dangerous and can cause serious physical harm, resulting in significant recovery time and medical costs.
What a Garage Door Injury Lawyer Can Do for You
Garage door manufacturers are required to follow specific safety standards and regulations but if they fail to do so or if they fail to provide adequate warning instructions and labels and you or a loved one gets hurt, you may be owed considerable compensation to cover your medical costs, lost wages, pain and suffering, and property replacement or repairs.